Visa heads to Las Vegas this weekend for the biggest event of the year in payments: the Money20/20 conference. In case you hadn’t noticed, how you pay for things has probably changed more in the past several years than in the past several decades and this is in large part due to the collaboration Visa and many of its partners have had underway. At this year’s event, Visa and several partners will showcase innovations in faster payments, Internet of Things (IoT) and what the future of commerce looks like in virtual reality (VR) to demonstrate how every time someone clicks, taps, dips or swipes they will continue to do so quickly and securely.
Conference attendees can stop by the Visa Everywhere Lounge in the Sands Atrium for a sneak peek at the future of shopping by using biometrics to authenticate their Visa Checkout account to shop and pay in VR. Attendees can also get behind the wheel of a connected tuk tuk to see how new economy drivers can get paid via Visa Direct’s faster payments technology as well as play with Visa’s API Demo Wall, an interactive touchscreen display that will let attendees explore six payment use cases using Visa Developer APIs like Visa Direct and Visa Consumer Transaction Controls. On Monday (12 p.m. - 7 p.m.) and Tuesday (10 a.m. - 7 p.m.), watch acclaimed graphic designer Timothy Goodman turn a blank Visa Everywhere Lounge wall into a graphic mural inspired by innovation.And, not to be forgotten, Visa’s top payments leaders will participate in a series of events and panels (schedule below), to discuss the fast pace of change in payments. Can’t make it to the event? Follow the action at @VisaNews for breaking news throughout Money20/20.
Saturday, October 22
- Hackathon (Oct 22 - 23): Let the coding begin! The Visa Developer team and a group of professional coders, aka the Visa Developer Squad, will gather for 24 hours of intense coding competition as the squad battles for $125,000 in cash prizes—and bragging rights. The challenge? Create ground-breaking payment and commerce experiences by mashing-up Visa APIs with other technology and services. (Palazzo Ballroom M ,N, O, The Venetian Level 5)
Sunday, October 23
- Visa and Chain Keynote (5:40 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.): Vicky Bindra, Visa’s head of global solutions, kicks off the event with a look at blockchain-based solutions for real-world payments challenges. (Venetian Ballroom, Level 2)
- Measuring What Matters: How Do We Know If FinTech Really Improves People’s Lives? (3:10 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.): Stephen Kehoe, Visa’s senior vice president of global financial inclusion, joins a panel of industry leaders to cover the challenges and opportunities that businesses face when they set out to improve their customers’ financial well-being. (Marcello,The Venetian, Level 4)
Monday, October 24
- Solving the Identity Fraud Problem in Financial Services & The Case for the Insured Internet (9:30 a.m. – 10:20 a.m.): Mark Nelsen, Visa’s senior vice president, risk products, and other security leaders discuss fighting cybercriminals and answer the question: do we need a more secure, insured Internet? (Murano, The Venetian, Level 3)
- Faster Payments Platforms & Solutions (11:40 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.): Cecilia Frew, Visa’s head of U.S. push payments, discusses how technologies like Visa Direct are changing the way businesses and consumers pay and get paid. (Palazzo Ballroom M ,N, O, The Venetian, Level 5)
Tuesday, October 25
- Major Payment Networks Innovation Roundtable (9:30 a.m. – 10:20 a.m.): Jim McCarthy, Visa’s executive vice president of innovation and strategic partnerships, joins senior executives from other payment networks to discuss how the industry is being disrupted and the new opportunities this presents for the payments ecosystem. (Murano, The Venetian, Level 3)
- Driving Great Customer Experiences Across Channels with Permissioned Data: A Win for All (10:40 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.): Terry Angelos, Visa’s vice president of loyalty and data solutions, and other panelists discuss how merchants can use data to deliver rewards to create engaging customer experiences. (San Polo, The Venetian, Level 3)
- Code Commerce Series: Visa joins Recode senior editor Jason Del Rey and executive editor Kara Swisher to explore what’s working, what’s not and what’s next in payment technology, from in-app purchases and same-day deliveries to digital currencies and mobile payments.
- Facebook Live with Recode (11 a.m.): Visit the Visa Everywhere Lounge to watch Jason Del Rey, Recode senior editor, talk about optical verification technology and what’s next in biometric authentication.
- Payments APIs: Opening Up to Innovation (11:40 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.): Vijay Sondhi, Visa’s senior vice president of innovation and strategic partnerships, discusses how to enable developer communities to work with established providers to bring the best products and customer experiences to market. (Murano, The Venetian, Level 3)
Stay tuned for updates, announcements and more on Visa.com’s Money20/20 destination page.